Casa dos Arrábidos is an estate that had its origin in an old monastery of Franciscanos Arrábidos friars who came here in the XVI century, building a small monastery with chapel, some annexes, stone fences, as well as a garden and an orchard.
In 2004 Casa dos Arrábidos has been converted into a Rural Tourism House.
Although the interior was equipped with all modern comfort, throughout the reconstruction process, the owners had the care to preserve the old monastery remains, not destroying or hiding any historical vestige, but rather taking advantage and highlighting them.
Here our guests are able to enjoy in the interior of:
– 5 double rooms of welcoming atmosphere, with private bath-rooms and central heating;
– 1 apartment T0 fully equipped and independent from the rest of the house;
– Hall of open arches over the garden, with fireplace, television and snooker;
– Kitchenette to support the hall, installed in a room of the ancien monastery;
– Toys-room for the children adapted from an old friar's cell.
The garden, perfectly integrated with the house, has the trace of simplicity and frugality that characterizes the spirit of the place and at the same time is an invitation to rest and to communicate with nature.
Of this exterior that extends from the front of the house, four zones are worth mentioning; the lawn with gardened or wooded zones; the swimming pool with about 15x5m; and the vegetable garden, orchard, animal zone and olive orchard up to the boundary of the estate, where can be found a small hermitage dating from the time of the friars, with a vaulted ceiling, niche, stone banks and water spring.
Next to the house, the Chapel of the extinct Saint Anthony Monastery should also be visited, mainly in virtue of the 18th century beauthiful tiles that represent scenes from the lives of Saint Francis and Saint Anthony.